Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 13: Do I have a regret (31 Day Blog Challenge)

I think we all have regrets whether or not we admit it but it's what we do with them that counts. I look back on my past and yeah, I wish I could go back and slap myself but I can't. So, I take from it and learn. I'm a bit of a slow learner when it comes to life and I always seem to take the hardest route possible. I think I've learned a lot and it's made me the person I am today. I'm a believer that I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for choices I made back then. I have two very beautiful kids that I firmly believe I wouldn't have otherwise.

In all honesty, I've been trying to be uplifting with these blog posts cause I wanted to do this challenge to get me into the habit of blogging but I'm struggling with the whole happy bit. If I knew 10 years ago that I would be in this place in my life now, I wouldn't believe it. It's been a rough few years in my life and I'm trying to piece it together with duct tape and good intentions. I know that it's just a bad time and the storm will pass. Like the quote I love, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain." I try to remind myself daily with good thoughts, so I can get through it all. I put on a smile and bury myself in the things that I love. All I can ask is that if anyone is reading my blog, that you would have patience while I wade through the muck. I think I need some rubber boots. Need to dance in the rain with style after all.




2 comments:

  1. Not everyone is happy all the time. Sometimes we need help to remember to be happy. You don't have to be uplifting. Sometimes it helps to write what is wrong, rather than what is not wrong. If you ever feel the need to vent or talk or whatever, I would be glad to listen. My email is in my profile. I will dance along beside you in the rain while the storm passes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's never easy to talk sometimes but it's always nice to know there are ears that will listen.

      Delete