Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It came!

So, I got my camera yesterday and I was beyond excited! When I heard the UPS guy stop in front of my house, I was at the door before he could get there. I just wanted to hug him and I even told him so! He laughed and handed over what I have only dreamed about. As I clutch my package in my hands I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I was just so excited. I sat in the middle of my living room floor and stared at a box. My hands were shaking and yes, I cried a little. I know I'm silly but this was the best day all year! This year so far has been pretty rough and the rest of the year isn't looking good so far. This was a small light in a dim world for me and I was cried with joy. Such a simple thing, but such a big impact on me. My hands were shaking as I opened it all up. When I finally got it all out and my drooling was just starting, I plugged that battery in.  I tell you, the battery couldn't charge fast enough! When I finally slid it in, I couldn't take a photo fast enough. I wanted to make the first pic I took of something special and so I got my daughter. I was thrilled with the results and began to play! I have a lot to learn on this camera. It's completely different then my old one. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to master it.

 After taking some test shots with my kids and such, I decided to take some photos of an Orchid I bought. I played with the settings and discovered that my camera has some filter presets. I may never use them cause I'm a photoshopper but I found them still to be fun and who knows, may be useful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment