Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a Fresh Start!

I am so beyond excited! I stared at the B&H website last night with my dream camera and lens in the shopping cart. I think I let it sit there for a couple hours. I was in a dreamlike state of mind. I really couldn't believe that I was going to be getting a new camera! I kept messing around online and then clicking back to the site, stare at it and then go back to whatever I was doing. I really couldn't believe it. When I finally hit that check out button and complete the transaction, I wanted to cry. One thing with me, is that I love photography and for anyone else who loves it like I do, understand how I was feeling. I got a set of wings to fly with. I'm on cloud nine and can't wait to get it! My camera is over 8 years old now and time to rest in peace. It has been a good camera for many years but like all electronics, they outdated themselves. My camera only had 8 mp. It got to the point where I could only shoot in manual cause the exposing was messed up and even then, it was very tricky. I couldn't do shoots in low light and was feeling pretty limited in what I could do. This new camera will give me the room I need to grow and learn. I got the Canon 60D with a 17-40mm f/4L lens. I'm beyond happy cause I'm getting exactly what I want with a lens that will be wonderful for portraits. I can't wait to grab my nieces or whoever to take photos of!

I came across this and had to share it. This designer makes some awesome photography quotes! Go check out Coatscapes Photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment